Sintsov Gleb Vladimirovich, Doctor of juridical sciences, professor, head of the sub-department of private and public law, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), E-mail: email@example.com
Bityutskiy Evgeniy Vladimirovich, Candidate of juridical sciences, associate professor, sub-department of lawenforcement activity, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Background. The crisis of statehood taking place at the end of the 1980th – at the beginning of the 1990th years in the USSR and RSFSR, had not only political, but also legal consequences. The bitter political struggle started between the top management of the state and republican national elite caused acceptance by the federal center of a number of the contradictory decisions and normative legal acts promoting not the state construction, and opposite – to development of the centrifugal forces directed to disintegration of the state. The work purpose – to analyze the reasons and consequences of the process which received the name “parade of sovereignties” and taking place in the territory of the USSR and RSFSR in 1990–1991.
Materials and methods. Realization of research tasks was reached on the basis of the analysis of some normative legal acts adopted by the leadership of RSFSR, other federal republics and republics which were a part of RSFSR in which attempts of sovereignization of republican “statehood”, in particular the Republic of Tatarstan were made. Methodological potential includes methods of the comparative and legal and historical and legal analysis which allow to compare the contents and value for development of the Russian model of federalism of fundamental normative legal acts, in particular to the Declaration on the state sovereignty of RSFSR 1990, taking into account specific historical circumstances of their acceptance.
Results. Formation and development of Russia is investigated as the federal state consisting of subjects from which number made sovereignization attempts results of these processes and their value in development of the Russian statehood are analyzed.
Conclusions. The declaration on the state sovereignty of RSFSR adopted in 1990 did not become the main reason of the collapse of the USSR, nevertheless, contributed to the development of process of sovereignization, the having place in the territory not only the USSR, but also RSFSR. The race for power provoked by regional national elite could put future federal state on a disintegration side. Nevertheless, in federalization of the state the solution of this problem was also found. Though consequences of “parade of sovereignties” in legal reality mainly were leveled only by the beginning of the 21st century.
federalism, federal structure, sovereignty, “parade of sovereignties”, Russia, USSR, RSFSR, collapse of the USSR
1. Vedomosti S"ezda narodnykh deputatov RSFSR i Verkhovnogo Soveta RSFSR [Bulletin of the Congress of People’s Deputies of the RSFSR and the Supreme Council of the RSFSR]. 1990, no. 2, art. 22. [In Russian]
2. Luk'yanova E. A. Pravo. Zhurnal Vysshey shkoly ekonomiki [Law. Journal of Higher School of Economics]. 2015, no. 1, pp. 4–21. [In Russian]
3. Drozhzhin V. A. Istoriya gosudarstva i prava [History of the state and law]. 2007, no. 16, pp. 22–25. [In Russian]
4. Boris El'tsin: «Berite stol'ko suvereniteta, skol'ko smozhete proglotit'» [Boris Yeltsin: “Take as much sovereignty as you can swallow”]. Available at: https://yeltsin.ru/news/boris-elcin-berite-stolko-suverineteta-skolko-smozhete-proglotit/ (accessed Dec. 17, 2018). [In Russian]
5. Cambridge Dictionary: ofitsial'nyy sayt [Cambridge Dictionary: official web-site]. Available at: https://dictionary.cambridge.org/ru (accessed Dec. 18, 2018).
6. Simonyan G. R. Zhurnal rossiyskogo prava [Journal of the Russian law]. 2006, no. 3, pp. 32–43. [In Russian]
7. Isakov V. B. Predsedatel' Soveta Respubliki. Parlamentskie dnevniki. 1990–1991 [Chairman of the Council of the Republic. Parliamentary diaries. 1990–1991]. Moscow: Paleya, 1996, 493 p. [In Russian]
8. Isakov V. B. Gosperevorot. Parlamentskie dnevniki. 1992–1993 [State revolution. Parliamentary diaries. 1992–1993]. Moscow: Paleya, 1995, 473 p. [In Russian]
9. Smykalin A. S. Rossiyskiy yuridicheskiy zhurnal [Russian juridical journal]. 2013, no. 5, pp. 185–198. [In Russian]
10. Ramazanov M. K. Analitika [Analytics]. 2016, 12 Jan. [In Russian]
11. Deklaratsiya Respubliki Tatarstan ot 26.12.1991 «O vkhozhdenii Respubliki Tatarstan v Sodruzhestvo Nezavisimykh Gosudarstv» [Declaration of the Republic of Tatarstan from 26th of December, 1991 “On the entry of the Republic of Tatarstan into the Commonwealth of Independent States”]. Available at: http://tatar7.info/1991/12/26/t75352.htm (acceesed Jan. 12, 2019). [In Russian]
12. Federativnyy dogovor: Dokumenty. Kommentariy [Federated Agreement: Documents. Comment]. Moscow: Respublika, 1994. [In Russian]
13. Sobranie zakonodatel'stva RF [Collected laws of the Russian Federation]. 2014, no. 31, art. 4398. [In Russian]
14. Vedomosti S"ezda narodnykh deputatov RF i Verkhovnogo Soveta RF [Bulletin of the Congress of People’s Deputies of the Russian Federation and the Supreme Council of the Russian Federation]. 1992, no. 13, art. 671. [In Russian]
15. Sobranie zakonodatel'stva RF [Collected laws of the Russian Federation]. 2000, no. 29, art. 3117. [In Russian]
16. Kakitelashvili M. M. Zakony Rossii: opyt, analiz, praktika [The laws of Russia: experience, analysis, practice]. 2015, no. 8. [In Russian]
17. Kashirkina A. A., Morozov A. N. Mezhdunarodnoe pravo i mezhdunarodnye organizatsii [International law and international organizations]. 2015, no. 2, pp. 231–245. [In Russian]
18. Boltenkova L. F. Ot NKVD do federalizma: sb. izbrannykh tr. [From People’s Commissariat of Internal Affairs to federalism]. Moscow: Izdatel'skiy dom V. Ema, 2008, 336 p. [In Russian]